Become a Member
If you are interested in becoming a member then membership is open to all interested parties. Applications can be considered at any meeting of the Association’s Council. Individuals can apply for membership.
- Access to costings information
- Network of practical valuers
- Information on fee scales
- Fee negotiations with main utility companies in Scotland
- Access to the Adviser of the Association on a "first aid" basis
- Access to the AGM and Field Days
- Affiliation with the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV)
- Reduced Rate Training
Who do SAAVA members advice?
Our members provide professional advice and valuation expertise on issues affecting the countryside to those who require these services including:
Tenants & landlords
Current or prospective owner occupiers
Why employ a SAAVA member
Clients can have confidence that when they employ a valuer who is a SAAVA member, they will be advised by one of the specialist professional advisers to the countryside. SAAVA members also have access to training and the central Associaion of Agricultural Valuers *(CAAV) qualification of Fellow of Fellow, which is only achieved by passing CAAV’s own rigorous written, practical, and oral examinations.
Many SAAVA members are also members of other professional bodies including:
•RICS (The Royal Institution of chartered surveyors)
•CIArb (The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators)