The Spring tutorial will be held on Friday 26th April 2019 at Mains of Thornton, Laurencekirk.
The tutorial will be based on the practical exam format.
Topics to be covered will include:-
- Growing crops
- Tenant right
Candidates will be split into groups according to ability and rotate round various stands. Tutors will be assigned to each stand.
As in the examination, no information will be provided other than that given in the questions. Candidates may use the CAAV costings.
The more experienced groups will be expected to treat the tutorial as a mock exam. After an initial attempt at answering the question, guidance will be provided by tutors and candidates are encouraged to ask relevant questions. Tutor input will be tailored to the ability of the group.
Candidates will be expected to answer all questions during the morning session in the Notebooks provided having received guidance on approaches to Notebook layout. If candidates wish, the notebooks will be collected by the tutors and at the end constructive comments given to individuals on the content.
- Candidates are expected to be on time and to be properly prepared as if for the exam.
- All candidates should have read the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers publication ‘Examinations for Fellowship of the CAAV – Guidelines for the Practical and Written Examinations and the Oral Interview’ and be aware of the syllabus
- No smoking is allowed during the tutorial
- No mobile phones may be taken to the Tutorial. There will be a fine of £20 made payable to the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Fund for any person who’s mobile telephone interrupts the proceedings of the Tutorial
- As in any valuation situation candidates are responsible for their own Health and Safety whilst on the farm and should make themselves aware of the hazards and take appropriate precautions
- To be eligible to sit the CAAV exam for admission to Fellowship, candidates are required to attend at least four 6-hour tutorials within the three years prior to 31st August in the year of taking the exam.
- In preparation for the next exam in Scotland to be run in November 2019 a tutorial will be run at Mains of Thornton, commencing at 10.00 am and ending at 4pm. The cost will be £40 per head.
The tutorial will cover: –
- Use of the CAAV field notebook.
- Approach to valuation/recording/costings for: –
- Growing crops
- Tenant right
It is intended that this will serve as an introduction to the practical exam format for those interested in admission to Fellowship of CAAV, but will be structured so as to provide suitable training for those already embarked on the exam. It will also provide useful training in respect of RICS APC in agriculture, land management etc.
Those attending should bring appropriate footwear/clothing for a farm visit in adverse weather conditions. They will be expected to have familiarised themselves with the syllabus as set out in http://www/caav/org.uk/Docs/Exam-Guidelines-2010.pdf. Disinfection of footwear will be required. Clipboards, pencils etc should be taken. A CAAV field notebook and lunch will be provided. Further details will be sent out to those participating.
Any queries please contact Christine Nisbet on email@example.com