SAAVA have arranged a two day Tutorial at Broomhall Estate, Dunfermline, KY11 3EE
Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th August 2017 commencing each day at 9.00am.
The Venue will be at the Scottish Lime Centre, Charlestown Workshops, 2 Rocks Road, Charlestown, Fife, KY11 3EN
The programme of events will comprise;
We are very fortunate to have Simon Alden as the main speaker on the first day. Simon is the current Chairman of the Examination & Education Committee of the CAAV and will provide a couple of presentations in the morning. The itinerary for the day will be;
9.30 – 11am Written Exam Simon Alden
11.20 – 12.50pm Past Papers Simon Alden
1.45 – 3.30pm Legal Update Lyndsay McGregor Turcan Connell & Kate McLeish Brodies
3.50 – 4.30pm Mock Oral Ian Austin
4.30 – 5.00pm Past Success Catherine Smith & Hugh McLean Bell Ingram
The second day will focus on the morning practical exam with a mock examination being conducted under exam conditions and timing in the morning. This will be an On Farm Tutorial with candidates being grouped according to when they hope to sit the CAAV examinations. There will be feedback on all questions during the afternoon. Topics covered will include:
- Growing Crop Valuations
- Livestock, Deadstock and Machinery Identification and Valuations
- Planning and Construction Costs
- Waygo Valuations
- Residential Lettings
- Third Party Access rights etc.
The cost of the two day tutorial will be £125.
The cost of attending one day only will be £75.
The price is to include refreshments, and a sandwich lunch.
Those attending will be expected to use the CAAV notebook (as per the exam). Notebooks will be available to purchase on the day for those who do not already have one for £5.
If you wish to attend please complete and return the attached form to;
SAAVA’s Administrative Secretary by Tuesday 1st August 2017.
C/o Seed & Company,
Tel No: 01361 882920.
Fax: 01361 882 866,
Following your registration to the tutorial, a plan showing the location of the tutorial and a full programme of events will be emailed to you at least 7 days prior to the event.
- You should attend in appropriate clothing with clean wellington boots and bring measuring, writing and other equipment as you would for the exam, plus a copy of the CAAV 2016 Costing Schedule.
- The two day tutorial will qualify for 12 hours CPD and a CPD Certificate of attendance will be provided to those attending at the end of day two. For those attending on one day only, a certificate for 6 hours will be provided.